Brand new restoration debuts on UK cinemas, Blu-ray and DVD this April
StudioCanal has parterned with La Cinematheque de Toulouse to present a brand-new restoration of Jean Renoir's 1937 meditation on class and war, La Grande Illusion.
Undertaken to celebrate the film's 75th anniversary, the restoration of this French classic will debut at selected UK cinemas on April 3, before making the move to Blu-ray and DVD on April 23.
Bonus features confirmed for the Blu-ray release include...
* Jean Renoir's 1928 short film The Little Match Girl [La petite marchand d'allumettes] (29-mins)
* 1937 and 1958 film trailers introduced by Jean Renoir
* Francoise Giroud Remembers Shooting the Film (10-mins)
* Introduction to La Grande Illusion by film academic Ginette Vincendeau (12-mins)
* Grande Illusion: Success & Controversy by cinema historian Olivier Curchod (23-mins)
* An Eye on La Grande Illusion by John Truby
* Restoring La Grande Illusion (image gallery)
* The Original Copy of La Grande Illusion: An Extraordinary Story by La Cinematheque de Toulouse (12-mins)
StudioCanal has also confirmed that while the new DVD will be based the same restoration, it will feature different extras from the Blu-ray release.
Want the latest issue of Home Cinema Choice? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!
Want to see your home cinema system featured in the pages of HCC? Click here for more info.
Love home cinema? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!
Home Cinema Choice is proud to be a member of EISA.
Visit www.eisa.eu for more info.